We've been offering these special memorial gifts since mid 2005, each carrying with them a contribution toward greyhound medical research so that each pet being memorialized will become, because of your gift, a part of the eventual cure for canine cancer.
* Prior to April 11, 2011, your gifts sent $4880 to Morris Animal Foundation.
* Prior to October of 2013 when OSU made program changes, your memorial gifts sent $2200 to Dr. Guillermo Couto's Greyhound Health and Wellness Program at Ohio State University.
* Prior to 2016 your gifts sent $4150 to Dr. Bruce Smith's study on bone cancer at Auburn University Veterinary College.
* Prior to mid 2017, Your gifts were directed to Dr. Couto's Greyhound Health Initiative and totaled $2500. As a specialist in sighthounds, we hope to redirect Memorial Heart gifts back to Dr. Couto one day should he begin doing research again.
* Beginning mid 2017, your Memorial Heart contributions are being directed to Dr. Nicola Mason's Canine Cancer Immunotherapy Research at University of Pennsylvania Veterinary College. Each Memorial Heart gift you send contributes $25 to Dr. Masons research and clinical trials.
About the hearts: Hand poured and individually signed by Fire & Light in Arcata, CA from recycled glass, the hearts are professionally etched with our 8Ball greyhound and we'll personally add the pet's name to your gift. We can no longer print Rainbow Bridge cards, but will personally handwrite your personal message of any length on one of NCG's cut-out cards to accompany the heart. The package is nicely gift wrapped and Priority postage is included in the overall price.
Recipients of your gifts will continue to be posted on our Memorial Tributes Page and both you and the recipient will receive an email listing the ten pets being honored when the accumulated $250 is mailed to Dr. Mason's Program.